CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hormone Growth

My daughter i being seen by an endocrinologist because her physician was a little concerned about her growth.  Last year she had bone age x-ray to determine what age it showed her to be, that x-ray showed that she was two years behind her actual age.  My husband & I were both somewhat relieved because that meant that she would not hit puberty until later in her teens, which does not follow me (I was so happy that we had a couple more year of her being a little girl).
Well this past November we went back for her yearly exam & it seemed like she was not following what they had thought.  Basically she is already starting to develop which means that she will be smaller then 5 feet.  My mom, sisters & I are all between 5'1 & 5'3.  We were given the option of starting hormone growth treatment (health insurance must approve) which will add another inch to inch & a half.  This is an injection that we will have to give her daily.
We are still waiting to hear back from the health insurance but was wondering if any of you moms out there have children that have gone through this.  If yes, I would love to know if your child had a good outcome with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment